Embassy of India
Roundtable discussion on ‘Investment Opportunities in Automobile & Auto-components sector of the State of Madhya Pradesh, India’
1. Embassy of India, in partnership with CII and CCPIT Chongqing organised an automobile roundtable for an official delegation from state of Madhya Pradesh, including Mr Pankaj Agarwal, Principal Secretaries, Department of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises, Mr Vivek Porwal, Managing Director, Madhya Pradesh Trade and Investment Facilitation Corporation Ltd (MPTRIFAC) with leading Chinese automobile companies on 22 October in Chongqing. The Roundtable Discussion was focused on highlighting ‘Investment Opportunities in Automobile & Auto-components Sector of Madhya Pradesh’ and exploring interest of Chinese automobile companies for investing in Madhya Pradesh. The official delegation is on a visit to Wuhan, Chongqing and Shenzhen as part of their larger outreach for the ‘Global Investor’s Summit 2019’ scheduled in Indore in February 2019.
2. Delivering the welcome remarks, the CII representative introduced the delegation and major sectors currently being focussed by the Madhya Pradesh Government.
3. Mr. Deng Wen Nian, Vice President of CCPIT Chongqing welcomed the delegation. He then introduced Chongqing and its industrial strengths in Electronics, Automobile, Chemical, Pharmaceuticals and Internet of Things (IoT). He added that there was a lot of complementarity between Chongqing and Madhya Pradesh regions
4. Mr. Pankaj Agarwal gave a presentation on ‘ Investment Opportunities in Madhya Pradesh’. He mentioned that Madhya Pradesh and Chongqing, being centrally located provinces, had many complementarities for mutual cooperation. He highlighted investment climate, incentives and policy framework in the state. He conveyed that the state was looking for investment in automobile and auto components sectors. Mr Vivek Porwal, MD of MPTRIFAC gave a presentation on ‘ Automobile & Auto components Sector of Madhya Pradesh, highlighting the policy incentives provided and steps taken by the State Government to promote investment in these sectors. Mr. Porwal invited the Investors community to participate in the Global Investors’ Summit, to be held in February 2019 in the state. The presentations were followed by an interactive Question and Answer session.
5. The Indian Embassy representative gave the concluding remarks and thanked CCPIT for their assistance in organizing the event. The representative from Embassy of India Beijing also highlighted the investment friendly policies undertaken by the Government of India, including implementation of ‘electronic visa’ regime for Chinese travellers to India. The roundtable concluded with a Group Photo.
6. The delegation will now travel to Shenzhen in its last leg for another investment roundtable with the local industry and business clusters scheduled tomorrow.
22 October, 2018